I’ve heard people talk a lot about Church “Summer – Slow Down” – how churches kind of lay low and don’t do much in the summer. We must be doing it wrong at CBCB because we have a TON of stuff happening. Here are some highlights: (I DARE you to read the whole thing!)
1) pray for our teenage missionaries in L.A on skid row. It’s a dark and scary place and they are there to help and share the light of Jesus. Pray for safety, unity and that they’ll be EFFECTIVE and AFFECTED by what God does through and in them this week.
2) VBS is July 18-21! Sign up now to attend or to help. Helpers, we’d love to have you at our meeting Monday 6/19 at 6:29. ALSO we need EZ-ups, white sheets and blankets for VBS. Just bring them to church WITH YOUR NAMES ON THEM!!!
3) 121 Foster Adoption Ministry – if you are involved, thinking of getting involved, just interested in checking out this IMPORTANT ministry – join us June 25 at 12:33 in P4.
4) Young & Married folks – Margaret & I have a 3 year old and a 9 year old at our house right now, & are being reminded of the BUSYNESS of your stage of life. pLeAsE take a little break and join us for dinner and fun (1970’s style) on June 23. You should have gotten an invite email by now – if so, please RSVP as soon as possible. If not, reply to this email and Ill get your invite out right away.
5) “SEASONS” – our 55 & over group is having a Hawaiin Luau on Friday Night, July 14th from 6pm – 8pm.
Buy your tickets in the foyer at CBCB – $5 per person gets you dinner and entertainment! Wear your Hawaiian attire & come out for a great evening. Please – no coconut bikinis.
6) Financial Peace University is all about getting on top of YOUR FINANCES – BIBLICALLY. What would your life look like WITHOUT debt? Get out of debt, get a plan, get there! Sign up in the lobby this weekend – classes start Mon June 26 @ 6:30 pm.
7) 34U is happening! People are participating, actually DOING the stuff on the list, and loving it! What’s not happening enough: – POST YOUR PICS with #34U #myCBCB You’ll encourage others – and you might win a prize. Last week it was a coffee gift card. Who knows? Maybe this week it’ll be a RED FERRARI. (Just FYI – this is the one Im thinking about):
How sweet would THIS look in the CBCB parking lot ? (MSRP higher than CBCB’s annual budget – but hey, miracles happen at CBCB all the time!)
8) We don’t need to fear terrorism, God is in control -but we need to be prepared for anything. CBCB will host an “active shooter” seminar on 6/28. It’s for anyone who wants to learn how to stay safe when the unthinkable happens. Get your FREE ticket at www.gunslawseminar.com . click on “find an event near you” – SPRING BRANCH 06/28/2017 – register as a NON MEMBER, use the discount code “friend” and print your free ticket. Click to “pay at the door” – but your ticket gets you in free.
9) Tailgate after church with us on 7/1/17! Great food, a great time, some great people (and a couple that are kinda marginal).
10) Scott Lasher let me know about a need you may feel led to help with. Atticus is a 9 year old boy battling a deadly childhood cancer. Please check out their story, pray, and see how/if God leads you to give spontaneously. www.gofundme.com/skxyhyxy
This week in service, we’ll look at what might happen to your CONFIDENCE, when you really see WHO YOU ARE in CHRIST!
See you at CBCB!