Happy 4th of July!
How blessed we are to live in a country that celebrates FREEDOM! How blessed we are to be FREE INDEED in Jesus! Let’s celebrate both with gratitude and fun this week!
Here are some things YOU need to know about:
- This Sunday at 12:30 we’ll have an old fashioned church picnic after church. Holy Smokes BBQ (the best), bounce houses, great people, cool breezes (JK), and a great time. You need to be connected to your brothers and sisters – this is your chance.
- VBS is coming up in a couple of weeks
- Sign up today @ myCBCB.com
- Sign up today to volunteer @ myCBCB.com
- We need to borrow some “pop up” tents. If you have one to loan, please let Pastor Andrea know (kids@myCBCB.com)
- Steve & Holly Morgan will be hosting another child through the Children’s Heart Project & Samaritan’s Purse ministries in July. “Quinton” needs heart surgery that is not available in his home in Uganda. So Doctors, hospitals, Samaritan’s, the Morgans, and CBCB want to work together to get him here, and get him well. The Morgan’s will have a table in the lobby this weekend. Stop by and learn more and see how YOU CAN HELP! Jesus said “whoever welcomes a child in my name welcomes ME”.
- Thursday (7/5) at 11:00 we will be celebrating the life of JC Hoyo at CBCB. JC was killed in an accident last week. Many of you know his mom and stepdad – Cheri & Brad Ettinger. It would mean so much to them if you could join us on Thursday. THIS is what the biblical instruction to “bear each other’s burdens” looks like. We can’t take away their pain, but we can walk through it with them.
This weekend we’ll take communion together, get an update on the Inside Out mission trip to Skid Row, and we’ll start a new sermon series that I’m really excited about, it’s called: Be Still. Whether you are feeling lost, wondering about God’s plan for your life, or scared, or hurting- or if things are great for you – you’ll never know real peace, God’s peace – until you learn to Be Still.
Here is your homework to prep:
- REALLY read Psalm 23 (or just SAY it if you know it 😉
- Listen to this SONG:
See you this weekend at CBCB!